Sunday, July 31, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!!

Okay, so 40 feels. . . well just like 39.  Which means I've been secretly living as a 40 something year old woman for a very long time!  I have noticed that my body is starting to feel mid age though- without any major trauma to my body (unless you count carrying 7 children)- I am starting to feel aches and pains that weren't there before.  I start most days as an 80 year old woman.  This means bent over with back pains.  I know, I know they make therapeutic mattresses for that, but I have children to feed at that cost.
It's okay though, my kids just think I'm bending down over them because I'm eager to see their sweet sleeping faces before they get out of bed - shh, don't let them know. 

I didn't play football in school- hard to believe, isn't it.  Yet, I have recently acquired a "football knee" injury.  Since I know it didn't come from football, I'll blame it on all the P90X/Supreme 90 (which, by the way, I'm still plugging through.  I haven't got on the scale lately~I really don't want to know that information; I'll hit it when it doesn't feel like a "fat day" ~ that would be for sure and certain on the 37th of any given month ; P )  I'm not going to complain about the knee too much -  after witnessing a dear friend get stepped on her knee by a horse, I'm feeling spry and youthful. 

I would sing the gray hair woes, but I've seriously joined the "cover it with color" about a year ago.  I am so proud of myself for holding out as long as I did!!  Although, did you know that the majority of women that color their hair do so for other purposes than covering gray?!  I should have guessed that, but I've been too busy looking at my own gray to notice others'.

Wrinkles- aren't Shar Pei dogs cute?  Here is the deal, and this is a good one, owners of shar peis have to physically lift each wrinkle and clean the skin folds.  At least I'm NOT that bad. . . yet. 

I have many saving graces- really I need to resolve to focus on these more often- but one of them is that The Clown is going through a phase where she sees old people as "So cute!"  Therefore I'm only improving in here eyes.  (Guess I know which one I'll call on to take care of me in the geriatric days!)  She is my little Mother Teresa/St. Anthony and I count on her for A LOT, so she'll be up for the task.

That reminds me~memory.  It's really is so fun sometimes to rediscover memories- even on a daily basis!  My lack of memory is totally solved by the fact that I have 7 kids to remind me of everything. 

Hearing- I've always had a bit of hearing loss.  This too is source of amusement for my kids.  No, they aren't trying to get away with more things, saying that they told me already, they just get a kick out of me repeating what I thought they said.  Some of these are a real doosey!  I am glad the Lord has blessed me with the ability to entertain my children- even if it is at my own expense!  (It's okay, really, I take time to get a laugh on them any chance I can too!)

That reminds me~memory.  It's really is so fun- wait a minute! 

Okay so, on my 40th birthday, I'm going to share a underused secret.  Never admit your age, always go about 5 years older than what you really are.  Then, everyone will say, "Wow, you good for a 45 year old.  I hope I look that good when I'm that old!!!" 

Don't think of it as lying- remember if I told them my age according to how old I felt- I'd be 80 today!

I can find peace in the fact that I am younger than so many others.  And if they are still doing well, then so am I!  And I can rest assured that to the one that really counts- God- I'm still a baby!

Have a great day- hope you enjoy the beautiful gift of life that God gave you! 
Surviving myself at 45,
Mary

P.S.  Big birthday wishes to all those friends who happen to have been born on the same day as I was - you  sure did pick a great day to be born!

No comments: